Do you feel like you are drifting apart and that special feeling isn’t there anymore? It may be that you and your partner just can’t communicate and that your relationship feels like it is going nowhere. Do you sometimes wonder where has the love gone?
Your disagreements may be about kids, sex or money. Whatever the case, they drain the life and fun out of being together.
Are you reeling from something your partner has done and you don’t know if you can get past it? You don’t know if you should stay or go. Or perhaps relationship problems have left you feeling stuck and you really don’t know how to move forward.
Perhaps you are single and worried about making a good choice. Maybe old patterns and problems seem to keep a successful relationship just out of reach. You may feel you need help deciding about whether your current relationship is right for you.
There is hope. Things don’t have to stay this way. Your relationship problems can be helped through relationship or marriage counselling.
As a marriage, family and relationship therapist I can help you to:
- Improve intimacy –regain those feelings of closeness, connection and trust that you long for.
- Communicate more effectively –become more open and responsive to one another.
- Handle conflict better –overcome destructive patterns and learn new constructive methods to resolve differences.
- Manage difficult times –such as an affair, illness, loss or separation.
- Jointly develop methods that work to address parenting and family issues.
- Assess your patterns of behaviour that may be blocking you from being in the kind of healthy relationship you want to be in.
As a Kelowna marriage and relationship therapist in private practice for almost 30 years, I have helped hundreds of individuals, couples and families to resolve their problems. I have an ongoing commitment to the profession of marriage and family therapy and remain up to date on current methods and models.
A former President of the British Columbia Association for Marriage and Family Therapy, I currently supervise other counsellors who want to improve their skills working with relationships.
If you are in a relationship or if you are single, as a marriage and relationship therapist, I can help you find ways to move forward to have the kind of life you want. If you identify with any of the above, I encourage you take some steps to resolve these problems. Waiting usually makes matters worse.